Silicone rubber (ยาง ซิ ลิ โคน which is the term in Thai) can be used to produce without stopping and in a simple way all kinds of pieces of epoxy resin, soap, wax, porcelain and many more materials are gotten.
Discover the full potential of silicone rubber for Molds
Liquid or paste silicone rubber has endless applications, among which we highlight:
Who does not know its use for oven and microwave molds? This material allows you to make cookie molds, cakes, cakes, chocolates, fondant, biscuits, muffins, waffles, ice cream, chocolates.
Molds For Figuration
Since this material appeared, the reproduction of figures and the restoration reached a new dimension. It can be used for cement, plaster, plaster, stone and artificial stone statues.
Molds For Jewelry And Crafts
Thanks to silicone molds you can reproduce jewellery, and crafts made of epoxy resin, polyester, acrylic and polyurethane.
How To Make Silicone Rubber Molds For Cold Porcelain And Other Crafts?
The use of paste or liquid silicone rubber has no secret. You should only consider these details: For Silicone Paste
The mix is very simple:
- Mix the silicone rubber and the catalyst in equal parts so that the mixture is homogeneous.
- Place the piece you want to play inside.
- Let it dry.
- Remove the piece that serves as a model.
- You are ready to use!
For Liquid Silicone
This material has the advantage of being able to use it to reproduce larger objects. The only requirement is to have a container or an emptying box. It is used as follows:
- Choose a container of the right size for the piece you are going to reproduce.
- It can help you to use a plastic tube at the bottom of which you will place a transparent film. Thus, the extraction of the mould will be much simpler.
- Apply mould release liquid on the walls of the container.
- Mix the liquid silicone with the hardener in the proportion indicated by the manufacturer. A very small amount.
- Place the object you are going to play inside the container.
- Pour the liquid silicone, making sure that the piece does not touch the edges of the container.
- Wait for it to dry.
- And Voilà! You already have it.