Choosing a VPN isn’t as easy as you might think. Yes, they all offer the same service, but that doesn’t mean they are all the same. There are so many different VPNs that you should make an informed decision before making any commitments.
What are my options
Before we get to our list of 2019’s best VPNs, which includes names like ExpressVPN, TunnelBear, and Cyberghost, we’re going to look at the different options you have. Yes, they are all VPNs, but the main difference comes with pricing.
- Subscription VPNs
Most of the VPNs on our list are paid-for VPNs. Although these are some of the best, they are not the only ones you can choose. VPNs that charge monthly subscriptions can come anywhere between $3 – $12 a month. Most of these VPNs also offer discounts if you purchase 1/2/3 year subscriptions upfront. There are also a lot of coupons that you can find online offering a few extra $ off that total – every bit helps in the end.
- Freemium VPNs
These VPNs are free, but they come slightly more recommended than ‘free VPNs’. The main difference is their sources of income. Freemium VPNs, although free, still make their money from subscriptions. These VPNs are free versions of subscription VPNs. They might offer fewer servers or advertisements, but they still offer a reliable VPN service that you can trust.
2019’s best VPNs
Now that you know the different VPN options that we’re going to include, let’s get down to the main event. These VPNs are some of the best ones available, but this doesn’t mean they are the only ones. There are so many reliable VPNs that it would be impossible to give each of them an honourable mention.
- IPVanish VPN offers over 900 servers from 60 locations worldwide. This country has its jurisdiction in the United States and offers prices as low as $4.87 per month if you opt for their 1-year subscription. They do not keep logs and offer both a 7-day free trial and a money-back guarantee.
- HotSpot Shield is one of the best freemium VPNs available. If you want a safe, but free, VPN experience then look no further. They have a limit to 500mb of data per day, roughly 15gb a month, but this is well worth getting this quality service for no charge.
- TunnelBear is another great free VPN option. They have been around for a while and also offer subscription services. Although they only offer approximately 1,000 servers from 20 countries, you should find that enough for everything you need.
- ExpressVPN is one of the largest VPNs available, with over 3,000 servers across 160 countries. They do not offer a free service, but a reasonably priced VPN for as little as $6.67 a month.
- Cyber Ghost VPN is one of the leading names when it comes to quality. They have been around since 2011 and pride themselves in offering a secure service. Any content you want to access can be unblocked by this VPN and they offer over 5,900 servers in 112 locations.