What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “horn”? If you think of those loud, piercing sounds that cars make in old movies, then you’re right. However, the car horns of today have undergone quite a transformation and are not just limited to being used as an emergency signal anymore. Typical car horns produce high-pitched sounds which are not very friendly to the ears.
Thankfully, there are plenty of manufacturers who have come up with new and improved versions that still serve the same purpose but at a much quieter level. This article will walk you through some interesting facts about car horns and give you some helpful tips on how to buy the best car horn for your vehicle.
What Is A Car Horn?
A car horn is a device that produces loud and piercing sounds to warn other vehicles and pedestrians about impending danger or violation. These are used in different types of vehicles such as bicycles, motorcycles, and cars. Car horns can also be used to send a message of anger or aggression. The Latest Car Horn Types:
– Electric Horns – These are considered better than the traditional ones as they are energy efficient and do not require regular maintenance. These are more suitable for urban driving as they are quieter than the standard ones.
– Loudness Level – Loudness level is the measurement of how loud a car horn is. The decibel (dB) scale is used to measure loudness level. The higher the decibel level, the louder the sound of the horn.
– Power – The power of a car horn is measured in watts. This indicates the amount of current required to operate the horn.
– Sound – The sound of a car horn is measured in hertz. This indicates the tone or pitch of the horn. The lower the frequency, the lower the pitch.
Why Do You Need A Car Horn?
Car horns are used for many purposes. While some are only used as an emergency signal, others are used as a sign of aggression or impatience. The following are some of the common reasons for using a car horn:
– Alert Others About an Impending Danger: It’s important to be cautious while driving in a crowded area. Driving at a slower speed than the surrounding traffic is dangerous since it leaves you vulnerable to accidents.
– Avoid a Traffic Violation: Some certain rules and regulations are followed by all countries in terms of road traffic.
– Avoid Aggression: Although the car horn is primarily used to avoid accidents, it can also be used to express aggression. This is especially true when you’re in a hurry and want other drivers to move aside.
The car horn has seen many changes over the years and is no longer a mere signal of distress. Modern horns have evolved to meet the needs of modern drivers. You can choose from a wide range of different car horns available in the market and can select the one that best suits your needs and requirements.
You should keep in mind the loudness level, power, and sound of the car horn before checking out car horns for sale. This will help you select the best car horn for your vehicle.